Monday, December 6, 2010

Top 10 Christmas Movies List

(Biased, of course)

Because I live in a region that experiences snow, and I am a skinni mini who has no business in such an area, I practice the beary old art of hibernation supplied with gads of hot chocolate, popcorn and movies such as:

1. All three of the Santa Claus movies

2. All three of the Home Alone movies
3. It’s a Wonderful Life. (I once played Mary, google it. We did “It’s a Wonderful Deployment,” a once in a lifetime experience.) We can all relate to this masterpiece, and it’s less expensive than visiting a therapist to illustrate how each person is valuable and impacts others.
4. The Family Man, a modern day version of “It’s a Wonderful Life.”

5. Miracle on 34th Street- the black and white version
6. National Lampoon’s Christmas vacation- classic
7. George C. Scott version of “A Christmas Carol.” If you buy the new on with Jim Carrey, get it in blu-ray. The Mickey Mouse version is precious.
8. The Grinch- cartoon and Jim Carrey version
9. A Christmas Story- I never watch this, it’s so dry, but the guys enjoy it.
10. The Original Christmas classics including: Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer, Santa Claus is coming to town, Frosty, etc…love the cartoons
11. The Family Stone
12. Meet me in St. Louis- inspired by watching “The Family Stone”
13. Deck the Halls- cannot get over the lights used on the house
14. Bing Crosby in “White Christmas”- also a music CD, excellent music.
15. A Charlie Brown Christmas
16. Fred Claus- the guys laugh out loud over this one.
17. Mixed Nuts with Steve Martin- have not seen, just bought per recommendation of cubbie.
18. Four Christmases- have not seen, as I was out of country when it came out. I love Reese Witherspoon, especially in Sweet Home Alabama when her character decorated that lakeside cottage.
19. Emmet Otter’s jug-band Christmas- a childhood memory.

*I realize this is more than ten, what can I say, it’s my excitement for the season.

No comments: